Nurseries, Children Centres & Childminders.
Coates Training over 18 years have built up valuable experience working with early years, Sure Starts and local authorities throughout the North West and have the widest geographical reach of any company working in this sector.
Probably the only company that has had contracts in Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, Lancashire and with the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities. In 2014 we are the only provider approved by Liverpool City Council Early Years Dept to deliver Paediatric First Aid in the city.
We offer bespoke training solutions and sometime free advice to our long standing customers. Plus the courses are not one dimensional ‘off the peg’ ones, without making them relate to the early years sector. Over the years we have listened to what early years providers have needed and designed courses to suit:
- Developed and delivered training days for networks of Childminders around the subject of Risk Assessment
- Delivered PFA over three shorter days rather than two days to fit in with Before/After school clubs. On other PFA courses those participants who have missed Day 2 are placed on another course so they can complete [as our tutors follow they same scheme of work]
- Developed and delivered Moving and Handling training specifically for the sector.
- Our Health & Safety courses have booklets specifically designed for and relating to
(i) Childminders, (ii) After School workers, (iii) Day care staff
- Provided progression routes for learners who want go do beyond Level 2 courses to Level 3 and 4, some with our assistance are able now to deliver their own In House training.
- Provided courses for Trustees, managers and supervisors on subjects such as Risk Assessment, the Effective Supervisor; plus worked withPTA’s around Fire Risk Assessment and Risk Assessment for events.
David has been currently giving free advice and compiled a new Fire Risk assessment for a nursery who were in ‘difficulty’ with the Fire Service after their inspection.
- Delivered training on Personal Safety and Lone Working for Sure Start workers who work in the community.
- Provided a package of In House training over several weeks on different subjects – a one-stop-training-shop.
- Delivered many courses for parents in Sure Starts: eg First Aid for Parents; Home Safety and Food Safety in the Home.
- We often use serving EHOs to deliver Food Safety courses and they have the added extra of being very able to talk about at first hand ‘The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme’ and ‘Safer Food Better Business’ requirements